Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Socratic Seminar: Flowers for Algernon/UCLA article
Transcript of Socratic Seminar: Flowers for Algernon/UCLA article
Process: Socratic Seminar
Based on the Socratic method, the primary functions of this strategy are to encourage respectful patterns of dialogue and to gain a deeper understanding of the text.
SOCRATIC SEMINAR is a
, not a debate. It is designed to help students develop higher order thinking skills through discussion, questioning and efforts to define
abstract concepts like
truth, justice, beauty and equality
- group norms
2. Opening question.
3. Text citations.
4. Socratic Seminar - dialogue
1. Is changing a person's intelligence
2. With increased intelligence, do
people lose their innocence?
Observations must be completed.
Debrief questions must be completed.
Reflection must be completed.