Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Socratic Seminar: Flowers for Algernon/UCLA article
Transcript of Socratic Seminar: Flowers for Algernon/UCLA article
Process: Socratic Seminar
Based on the Socratic method, the primary functions of this strategy are to encourage respectful patterns of dialogue and to gain a deeper understanding of the text.
SOCRATIC SEMINAR is a
, not a debate. It is designed to help students develop higher order thinking skills through discussion, questioning and efforts to define
abstract concepts like
truth, justice, beauty and equality
- group norms
2. Opening question.
3. Text citations.
4. Socratic Seminar - dialogue
1. Is changing a person's intelligence
2. With increased intelligence, do
people lose their innocence?
Observations must be completed.
Debrief questions must be completed.
Reflection must be completed.