Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Binge Drinking
enjoy the sensation of being drunk
drinking is an accepted culture at college
some students perceive binge drinking as a rite of passage
to rebel against parents
cause it’s there
to suppress emotions and pain Effects missed classes and school work
risk of physical injury
property damage because many students drink and drive
an increase in physical assaults and rapes on campus
alcoholism Stats Although college students commonly binge drink, 70% of binge drinking episodes involve adults over age 25 years
The prevalence of binge drinking among men is 2 times the prevalence among women.
Binge drinkers are 14 times more likely to report alcohol-impaired driving than non-binge drinkers.
About 90% of the alcohol consumed by youth under the age of 21 years in the United States is in the form of binge drinks.
The proportion of current drinkers that binge is highest in the 18- to 20-year-old group (51%)