Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Deliberate Excellence
The Power of Effective Classrooms why rules? How it all started...with my mom...like everything else Doug Lemov & Co. 1. pass the paper, please 2. set up your space:
room and routine 3. focus 4. no opt out 5. anyone, anyone:
cold call 6. right is right:
exactness, not similarity 7. questioning 8. say it with force
and power 9. sign language 10. class culture freedom conundrum e.e. cummings paradox “Can you tell me, Socrates,
whether virtue (or excellent teaching)
is acquired by teaching or by practice;
or if neither by teaching nor practice,
then whether it comes to man by nature,
or in what other way?"
Plato, Meno the marshmallow test “Discipline is the refining fire by which
talent becomes ability.”
- Roy Smith Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
- Frank Herbert Discipline and concentration
are a matter of being interested.
- Tom Kite what's on your walls...and why? “Always remember, your focus determines your reality.” - Qui-Gon to Anakin, Star Wars Episode I Be present "A sequence that begins with a student unable to answer a question should end with the student's answering that question as often as possible." - Doug Lemov not just raised hands
over and over
respond to others
names last conduct an efficiency audit 1. What processes do you have?
2. What processes do you need? The antidote to exhaustion is not always rest. The antidote to exhaustion is wholeheartedness. -David Whyte supercollider Lisa Van Gemert
Gifted Youth Specialist, Mensa