Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Chemical Warfare
ClCHCHAsCl2 First synthesized by Nieuwland, during his studies for his PhD.
Named for American Soldier/Chemist Winford Lee Lewis. It is colorless and odorless, though impure samples may be a sickly yellow or brown color, with a distinctive odor described to be similar to geraniums
Developed during WWI, even though it never saw use in the war. Damage done to humans:
Inhalation causes a burning pain, sneezing, coughing, vomiting, and possibly pulmonary edema.
Ingestion results in severe pain, nausea, vomiting, and tissue damage.
The results of eye exposure can range from stinging and strong irritation to blistering and scarring of the cornea.
Generalised symptoms also include restlessness, weakness, subnormal temperature and low blood pressure. Tabun (nerve agent)
Orange Lines Iraq Iran as well as conflicts in iraq and iran * Tabun is an extremely toxic chemical substance
* It is tasteless colorless with faint fruity odor * Tabun is absorbed through the skin, can be inhaled, and can be taken in by a liquid substance. It can kill if the body takes in a deadly amount. * Symptoms: nervousness/restlessness, miosis (contraction of the pupil), rhinorrhea (runny nose), excessive salivation, dyspnea(difficulty in breathing due to bronchoconstriction/secretions), sweating, bradycardia (slow heartbeat), loss of consciousness, convulsions, flaccid paralysis, loss of bladder and bowel control, apnea (breathing stopped) and lung blisters.
* If exposed to the tabun substance you can fully recover if treated immediately after exposure = Hydrogen cyanide * Tabun was created by the German researcher Gerhard Schrader. He stumbled upon Tabun when he was trying to make a more efficient insecticide
* Tabun was used by Germany on the Soviet’s during WWII, until the soviets capture and destroyed the factory. Hydrogen cyanide(Prussic Acid, Archaic)
HCN, Yellow = Tabun * Hydrogen cyanide (with the alternate archaic name of prussic acid) is an inorganic compound with chemical formula HCN. It is a colorless, extremely poisonous liquid that boils slightly above room temperature at 26 °C (79 °F)
* the French chemist Pierre Macquer first created hydrogen cyanide in 1752 * it can kill a human anywhere from 1-10 mins. depending on the toxicity of the chemical *The toxicity is caused by the cyanide ion, which halts cellular respiration by inhibiting an enzyme in mitochondria called cytochrome c oxidase Which causes breathing difficulty.
* Very pale, blue, transparent liquid, with the odor of almond oil Tabun's Chemical Formula:
C5H11N2O2P Lines state that this chemical has been used during war time from this country on the other country. *Hydrogen Cyanide was employed by Nazi Germany in the mid-20th century in extermination camps. Source/Sites Used:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabun_(nerve_agent) Tabun was used by the Nazi's against the russians.