Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Human Reproduction
...and no, it doesn't happen quite like this.
Firstly, you need things for this to work.
are the male reproductive cells.
are the female reproductive cells.
Female Reproductive System (internal)
Male Reproductive System (cross-section)
or fertilization, is the point at which a new
organism begins it's life.
...in other words, this is the point at which
the sperm cell meets the egg cell.
The "sex" of the sperm cell determines the sex of the baby.
XX = female
XY = male
Ovulation & Conception
Ovulation is the point in a female's
menstrual cycle when a mature ovum is released from the ovary, pushed down the fallopian tube, and is available to be fertilized.
moment of conception
sperm completes entry
into ovum (egg) and now
becomes a zygote
zygote enters uterus
Implantation is when the zygote attaches itself to the endometrium (uterine lining) and begins rapid cell division, or mitosis. 9 months later, the stork drops by for a visit!