Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Drupal-as-a-Service
module version info
theme version info
- Do not give 3 options when 1 is fine
- Disable customer access
- Do not be everything to everyone
- Standard set of modules per type
- Standardized/Single SOW per type
- Limit how many subscription/customer types offered (5 max)
- Standardize prices
- Standardize or
What I had to create
Simple way for help desk to know state of customer environment
Subscription types and customer types
based on country, customer type, subscription type
Centralized control and monitoring (push and pull)
how-to videos & docs (staff and user)
Disable unsupportable areas
Customer auth v.s. help desk auth
What Drupal provides
We almost always lost money
Copyright of theme
Standard distributions to all broke stuff
No testing budget in subscription price
The marketplace has moved
Drupal has fallen behind
The subscriber loves the look
Sticky - harder to leave the service
Can add to portfolio/customer gallery
Site is less cookie-cutter
Stronger relationship with subscriber
Your own designer/subcontractor needs custom modules loaded
No longer a standard deploy.
New version of Drupal. :-(
increased ongoing costs and support challenges
Version and Config management
Themes - oh joy!
Joomla 1.5 (6 months)
Drupal 6.x (About 6 years)
Drupal 7.x (About 2 years)
Lessons learned the hard way:
Offer only canned set of themes (5-7 choices)
Offer easy embed theme/tools (such as: youtube, sched.org, google calendar, etc)
Themes configured by a newbie/subscriber/help desk
Offer choice of inexpensive site builder (DrupalGardens, Weebly, Wix, etc)
If custom design/theme is needed, refer project to outside designer/sub-brand to be hosted separately.
Decide what each brand is selling
Unique for each customer