Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of World History
delta / Nile River
- We all have a civic duty to help out
- Good rulers must have proper behavior
and plans for their people
What does this mean (in your own words)?
Draw a picture showing what you think it means.
Write a sentence with this term.
Select a reminding word to help you remember what it means.
Map - page 173
Attila the Hun
Using your Avengers Assemble chart, circle or make notes about the most important ideas we discussed for each unit.
Reason for migration?
farming innovations -
the plow & irrigation
Cyrus the Great
Differences between Athens and Sparta
Alexander the Great
the Hellenistic Age
Theaters for Drama,
Education - question everything
Law - trial by jury, rule of law
Hatshepsut - female pharaoh
Narmer - united Egypt, expanded without war
Imhotep - built first pyramid
Tutankhamun - famous tomb, young leader
The Bad Guys
The Mongols - leader Genghis Khan
- came from Mongolia
- attacked China and began huge empire
- was kind to the areas he conquered
The Huns - leader Attila the Hun
- came from north of Italy (Eastern Europe today)
- attacked Western Roman Empire
- vicious leader who destroyed cities
What did they do?
Who did they attack?
What did they accomplish?
- Led by Ashoka
- Influenced religion
(from Hinduism to Buddhism)
- Changed impact of caste
Fall of Roman Empire
- paying army
- empire too large
- split in 2 parts (easier to attack)
- moved capital out of Rome
Four Noble Truths of Buddhism
- Life consists of suffering
- Desire causes suffering
- Eliminate all desire
- Follow the Eight-fold Path
- Golden Age
- art & music
- science & math
Defense against invaders
- natural defense
- man-made defense
- arches (stronger buildings)
- aqueducts (transport water)
- columns (from Greeks)
- roads (used concrete)
- Started with Twelve Tables
- Concept of "rule of law"
- people are ruled by
law, not men
North & Central America
- Aztec, Maya
- Olmec, Zapotec, Toltec
- Gulf of Mexico based
- On Pacific Coast
- Mountain region
- Human Sacrifice
- Games played with rubber ball