Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Nursing Process
Transcript of The Nursing Process
The Nursing Process
Involves Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
1. Verbalize the purpose of the Nursing Process.
2. Explain the 6 steps of the Nursing Process.
3. Apply the Nursing Process to a patient scenario.
Guides Nursing Care
Collection of Patient Data
What the Patient Says
What the Nurse Observes
"I have smoked a pack a day
since I was 14 years old""
"I feel like I can't catch my breath"
"My chest hurts when I cough"
"I have trouble breathing when I lay down"
"I am allergic to penicillin"
Diagnostic Test Results
Not a Medical Diagnosis
How as Nurses we care for patients!
How a Nursing Diagnosis is Written
Ineffective airway clearance related to retained thick pulmonary secretions as evidenced by ineffective cough, adventitious breath sounds, dyspnea
Patient Specific Outcomes
Short or Long Term Outcomes
Put Plan into Action!
Remember this includes Patient/Family Teaching!
Were Outcome Goals Met?
Why or Why Not?
Back to the Drawing Board?
The Nursing Process is Continuous & Dynamic
What Have You Learned?
maintain patent airway
To mobilize secretions:
1. Keep head of bed elevates 30-40 degrees
2. Encourage deep breathing & coughing q 2hours
3. Increase fluid intake
4. Provide humidified O2
5. Administer expectorants and analgesics.
Maintain patent airway!
Was patient able to increase mobilization of secretions by demonstrating effective DB & C?