Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
EVPP 337: Potable water in Laos
Transcript of EVPP 337: Potable water in Laos
Government: People's Democratic Republic of Laos
Landlocked country Major Causes Prevalence of unsanitary water systems.
Implementation of hazardous agricultural techniques Types of Water Systems Used Gravity-fed systems (16%)
Hand pumps (23%)
Dug wells (60%) Slash and Burn Agriculture Occurs in mountainous regions of Laos.
Soil Erosion/Degradation (Land)
Salination/Siltation (Water) Policy Solutions Creating a water monitoring program within Laos (Promotes access)
Increase public awareness-sanitation (risks/benefits)
Setting stringent standards for water quality
Incentive programs for each community Since 2008 much progress has been made: Asia Foundation--Water Quality Monitoring Program. Map of Laos *Percent of waterborne illness AND REMEMBER.... As long as we stay committed the future will be bright!