Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
EVPP 337: Potable water in Laos
Transcript of EVPP 337: Potable water in Laos
Government: People's Democratic Republic of Laos
Landlocked country Major Causes Prevalence of unsanitary water systems.
Implementation of hazardous agricultural techniques Types of Water Systems Used Gravity-fed systems (16%)
Hand pumps (23%)
Dug wells (60%) Slash and Burn Agriculture Occurs in mountainous regions of Laos.
Soil Erosion/Degradation (Land)
Salination/Siltation (Water) Policy Solutions Creating a water monitoring program within Laos (Promotes access)
Increase public awareness-sanitation (risks/benefits)
Setting stringent standards for water quality
Incentive programs for each community Since 2008 much progress has been made: Asia Foundation--Water Quality Monitoring Program. Map of Laos *Percent of waterborne illness AND REMEMBER.... As long as we stay committed the future will be bright!