Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Kenya
Kikuyu were the clients
Mao Mao (1952-1959)
Independence under Kenyatta
Sovereign in 1964
President is head of state and head of government
Election of 2007
The Kikuyu dominated post-colonial politics (and economics)
BUT post-tribal momentum
Incumbent Kibaki (Kikuyu) v. Odinga
Polls indicate that Odinga would win
Kibaki declared the winner three days later
Violence erupts in the streets
Stable by April 2008
Kibaki becomes President
Odinga named Prime Minister
2013 election: Kenyatta becomes president
ICC charges re: 2007
Thousands sent into exile
Businesses and farms destroyed
Economic impacts ($47.6 million)
Resurgence of tribal loyalty
2013 Westgate Mall shooting in Nairobi
Retribution for the Kenyan military's deployment in Somalia