Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mobile Dev Strategy
Transcript of Mobile Dev Strategy
Native Independent Workstreams (Obj-C, Java, .Net)
Native Single Workstream (Xamarin - C#)
Hybrid Single Workstream (Phonegap, Titanium Appcelerator, etc)
What skill sets can we leverage right now?
Across multiple projects for mobile?
Obj-C iOS Dev? (nope)
Java Android Dev? (better traction than the former, but... nope)
Xamarin / C# (nope - but we'll discuss further)
JS + HTML5 (we would not be here we weren't in this game!)
Focusing Our Attention:
iOS + Android + ?
2014 Market Share Outlook
Android / 47.5%
iOS / 39.5%
WP / 7 - 12%
Xamarin & Phonegap (with Steroids.js)
Xamarin (no in-house skill sets):
- C#, Compiles natively to each platform, Code reuse is 60-80% outside of UI/Platform-specific code
Phonegap (Apache Cordova):
- JS, HTML5, CSS
- AMD, RequireJS, AngularJS, BackboneJS, Underscore/LoDash, etc, etc
Phonegap + Steroids.js:
- Steroids team at AppGyver have spent almost 8 man-years in 18 months focusing PG shortcomings to bridge the native performance gap
- Native UI Additions: Multiple WebViews, Tabs, Modals, Navigation Bar, Native Animations, Drawer, Built-in SQLite, TouchDB on iOS
- more at http://www.appgyver.com/steroids_game_change
Support mobile initiatives today
Solid experience in familiar environment
No need to build-up, ramp-up and manage additional resources just to solve for 'x'