Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Math Scrabble Board Game
Transcript of Math Scrabble Board Game
Mr. Dominic M. Ladaga Application of Information Technology
in Educational Learning Games General Subject Area Development of a Multiplayer Math Scrabble Board Game for Children
with Math Learning Disability Specific Topic A board game involves counters or pieces moved or placed on a pre-marked surface or "board", according to set of rules. Introduction Learning time does not necessarily correlate with the number or complexity of rules. Some games have simple rule sets while possessing profound strategies. Math disabilities can arise at nearly any stage of a child's scholastic development.
Many students, despite a good understanding of mathematical concepts, are inconsistent at computing.
They make errors because they misread signs or carry numbers incorrectly, or may not write numerals clearly enough or in the correct column.
Background of the Study For some students, a math disability is driven by problems with language.
In Math, their language problem is compounded by the inherently difficult terminology, some of which they hear nowhere outside of the math classroom.
Background of the Study This study aims to develop a Multiplayer Scrabble Board Game that will test the understanding of the students in the basics of Mathematics. General Objective Specifically, the study aims to
1. Design a program flow for the math scrabble board game.
2. Design the graphical user interface similar to the real board
3. Write a program that simulates the actual multiplayer game.
4. Install the software application on a computer.
5. Test the accuracy and performance of the game. Specific Objectives Most board games involve both luck and strategy. But an important feature of them is the amount of randomness involved, as opposed to skill. Introduction Many board games are now available as video games, which can include the computer itself as one of several players, or as sole opponent. The scope of the system includes a graphical user interface of the game that will provide players the actual board game. Adobe Photoshop and Flash Professional CS6 are used to design and develop the game.
Action Script 3.0 is used to simulate the actual multiplayer game. A computer with Windows operating system is needed to run the software application.
Several trials will be conducted to test the accuracy and performance of the game.
Manageability The game is played by building numerical equations with number-tiles arranged horizontally or vertically on the game board in a manner similar to that of the crossword puzzle.
The study does not include single-player mode of the game.
The game will only run on Windows operating system.
Manageability Schedule of Activities Reading Resources:
Books, Journals, Internet Articles and Game Manuals
Adobe Photoshop and Flash Professional CS6 and Action Script 3.0
Complete desktop system Resource Requirement 1. A Multiplayer Math Scrabble Board Game for PC.
2. Complete project documentation. Expected Output Introduction Introduction Rosenfeld, Alvin. The Benefits of Board Games. Retrieved from http://www.scholastic.com/resources/article/the-benefits-of-board-games
Board Games Teach Life’s Important Lessons. Retrieved from http://www.theboardgamefamily.com/2010/08/board-games-teach-lifes-important-lessons/
Number Scrabble – The Game. Retrieved from http://www.instructables.com/id/Number-Scrabble-The-Game-aka-Math-Scrabble/
Difficulties with Mathematics. Retrieved from http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/misunderstoodminds/mathdiffs.html Literature Cited