Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Prepare and Interpret Technical Drawing
Transcript of Prepare and Interpret Technical Drawing
- a small bag or box equipped with hand tools
Tree structure - an algorithm for placing and locating files in an organized database
Video display terminal -
a computer terminal having a video display that uses a cathode-ray tube.
A decision is represented by a diamond. A process that can answer a decision of "yes" or "no" requires a decision box.
A process is represented by a rectangle.
It refers to an action in a business process.
It must be described clearly and concisely.
A process can be described using a single verb noun phrase; for example, "Order Office Supplies." The same level of detail must be kept in processes on a single flowchart.
What Are the Elements of a Flowchart?
A flowchart is commonly used by systems analysts to visualize the series of processes in a
business system. A flowchart is a useful tool to design an efficient business system and to
troubleshoot or improve an existing system. A flowchart consists of elements, such as the
terminator, process, sub process, decision, arrow lines, and connectors.
Prepare and Interpret Technical Drawing
Definition of Terms
- act or the art of representing any object by means of lines and shades
- visual representation or image painted, drawn, photographed, or otherwise rendered on a flat surface
- a series of actions, changes, or functions bringing about a result
A flowchart is a diagram that uses graphic symbols to depict the nature and flow of the
steps in a process. Another name for this
tool is "flow diagram."
A sub-process is represented by a rectangle with double lines on each side. A sub-process is a major process that could be broken up into simpler processes developed
into another flowchart.
- pertaining to the useful or mechanical arts, or to science or business
- a person skilled in mechanical or industrial techniques or in a particular
- a diagram that uses graphic symbols to depict the nature and flow of the
steps in a process
on a single flowchart.
appears at the start and at the end of a flowchart. The end terminator appears only once
A terminator is represented by a small rectangle with curved corners. A terminator
A connector is represented by a small circle or a connector box and is labeled using letters. A flowchart written on a single page is clearer than a flowchart on several pages.
A connector ensures that the processes are connected logically and correctly on several
6. Arrow Lines
Arrow lines drawn in one direction, preferably from top to bottom, keep a flowchart clear.
Avoid arrow lines that loop because this could indicate redundancy in the business
When should teams use flowcharts?
At the beginning of your process improvement efforts, an as-is flowchart helps your team
and others involved in the process to understand how it currently works. The team may find
it helpful to compare this as-is flowchart with a diagram of the way the process is supposed
to work. Later, the team will develop a flowchart of the modified process again, to record how
it actually functions. At some point, your team may want to create an ideal flowchart to show
how you would ultimately like the process to be performed.
Benefits of Using Flowcharts
1. Promote understanding of a process.
2. Provide a tool for training employees.
3. Identify problem areas and opportunities for process improvement.