Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Skeletal System
The Skeletal System
designed by Péter Puklus for Prezi
Structure of Bone
1. Gross anatomy
2. Microscopic anatomy
Bone Growth and Remodeling
Fibrous joints: bones are united by tissues (eventually may calcify) Sutures are a good example
Cartilaginous joints: bone ends are connected by cartilage
Synovial joints: articulating bone ends are separated by a joint cavity
Osteoporosis: bone becomes porous and brittle
Osteoarthritis: articular cartilage wears away exposing a roughened bone surface
5. Blood cell formation
Classification of Bones:
1. Compact Bone
2. Spongy Bone
3. Long Bones
4. Short Bones
5. Flat Bones
6. Irregular Bones
Gross Anatomy of a Long Bone
Microscopic Structure of Bone
Osteoblasts: cells that form bone
Osteoclasts: cells that break down bone
Fibrous articular capsule