Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of CoCo Chanel
Facts 5. Coco set up a millinery shop in Paris in 1910.
6. Coco's mother died from tuberculosis when she was 12 and her father then left the family, he put Coco into an orphanage where she spent the next 6 years of her life and learned how to sew.
7. Coco Chanel launched her 1st perfume, Chanel No. 5 in 1922. It was one of the 1st perfumes ever to mix natural and artificial essences.
8. Little Black Dress was invented in 1926 which French Vogue dubbed "Chanel's Ford" and its practicality and marketability.
9. Coco Chanel started off selling hats after she got her licensed hat-maker and owned her first shop in 1910. These two photos show how the fashion changed from 1918 to 1920. The 1920's outfit is Coco Chanel's design. You can see the difference and how the fashion sparks a "new" in society. 1. Coco was born in France in 1883 and was part of a big family, as one of five children.
2. Coco Chanel real name is Gabrielle.
3. Her name was adopted to be Coco during a brief career as a cafe and concert singer. From 1905-1908
4. First mistress of a wealthy military officer then of an English industrialist. Facts 10. Coco credited with popularizing the concept of "costume jewelry" in the 1920's, creating seasonal jewelry that mixed fake pearls with real stones.
11. She introduced the idea of using jersey fabric to create clothing, which had prior been used only for men's undergarments.
12. Coco and her brand of most well known for costume jewelry, two-tone shoes, quilted bags, and simple suits made of tweed or jersey.
13. Her classic Chanel suit became famous for its flattering cut, simple fabric and specially weighted lining, to give it the perfect hang. Facts 14. Coco Chanel died in January 1971 at the Ritz Hotel in Paris at age 88.
15. She was briefly accused of associating with the Nazi party.
16. She made the tan popular after retuning from a cruise to Cannes with a sunburn.
17. She was a Leo and collected anything with lions. Facts 18. The shape of the Chanel No. 5 bottle was in reference to Place Vendome.
19. When Coco passed away, only 3 outfits were found in her Rue Cambon apartment.
20. Until her death in 1971 her fashion empire brought in more than $160 million per year.
21. She loved pockets most of all her collections included pockets of some sort. Facts 22. Outbreak of WW1, Chanel fired her workers and shut down her shops.
23. Coco Chanel was never married. She said there were always westministers but only 1 Coco Chanel.
24. In the 1923's Coco met a wealthy duke westminister abroad on his Yacht.
25. Before her designing career began, she worked in a small hosiery shop in France. Coco Chanel on the front cover, she was a well known designer that was published and talk about all over the world. And even known she is dead she is still spoken about. This was an advertisment for Chanel No. 5 when it first was released in the 1920's. This photo shows one of Coco Chanel's dresses being modeled from the 1920's. This is the Coco Chanel famous Little Black Dress. This video gives a mini biography on Coco Chanel. It gives brief detail on her background of a childhood, fashion and how she became big starting in the 1920's. Because when she was little her dream was not to become a fashion designed and be this successful.