Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Community Gardens New Haven
Transcript of Community Gardens New Haven
past and present alyssa cheung
5 december 2011 research questions:
What spurred the formation of community gardens in New Haven?
What forces are driving and challenging their continued existence?
How do these spaces affect the communities in which they are embedded? urban renewal
"model city?" detroit ? "urban blight" violence & crime drugs neighborhood insecurity trash, health risks community gardens New Haven Land Trust Urban Resources Initiative legal issues ownership vs. leasing long-term or transient? security "The fact that that garden was even on that list for consideration, to me itʼs a little disturbing,” said Randall [of NHLT]. “I let [DʼAmore] know that if they did try to sell a community garden, we wouldnʼt let it go without a fight." (Bailey, 2009) writing community gardens into local and state policies inventory vacant lots provide material support for gardening projects ex: sliver lots & water seattle next steps "Garden Voices" & Amy Coplen the end