Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Jimmy Carter
James Earl Carter, Jr.
Born in Plains, Georgia.
son of James Earl Carter, Sr. and Bessie Lillian Gordy Carter.
Jimmy married Eleanor Rosalyn Smith and has four children.
His family was Baptist and was deeply religious. His father taught Sunday school and insisted that Jimmy attended.
James attended Plains High School which was one of the schools segregated from black people who at that time were taught at home or at church. He was the first person from his father's side of the family to graduate high school.
Jimmy was elected 39th president of the United States. Carter was inaugurated at age 52 on January 20th, 1977.
Jimmy also won a Nobel Peace Prize on October 11, 2002.