Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ELA Test Taking Strategies
Transcript of ELA Test Taking Strategies
* LOOK BACK IN THE TEXT TO FIND YOUR ANSWER! UNDERLINE WHERE YOU FOUND THE ANSWER IN THE TEXT.
*If you don't know an answer, use process of elimination to make the BEST possible guess, and increase your chances of getting the answer correct!
*Always go back in the text, find the sentence, and read the sentences surrounding in for context clues.
*Read the sentence with a blank in place of the word they want you to define. Think of your own word to fill in the blank!
* Look at the answer choices. Which choice was the closest to the word you guessed?
-----The article says that "although the road was treacherous, there were no accidents." Treacherous means about the same as...
CHECK YOUR WORK!!!
* Look back through each section to make sure all questions were answered.
*Since you have the extra time, check over the questions that you were unsure about just to make sure you have the RIGHT answer marked.
*RELAX, you're all done :)
How to beat a NYS test!
Here are all the strategies you need to be successful!
Read the Passage!!!
Answer the Questions!!!
*Read between the lines!
*Use your own background knowledge plus the context clues to infer the answer.
---The author of this article most likely believes...
---From this story we can learn that...
*Look for signal words like because, reason for, when, as a result of, causes of, etc.
---The girl decides to marry the prince because...
---According to the article, frostbite occurs when...
*Find the exact answer within the text.
* Skim for key words, dates, locations.
---Christopher Columbus landed in America on...
---All of the following are facts about whales in captivity except...
*Read ALL of the directions before answering any questions.
* Read the questions and corresponding answers BEFORE the passage, and underline/highlight all important words or details found in the question.
*Utilize your resources- take note of graphs, pictures, charts, or maps.
*Take your time, and relax yourself :)
*As you read the passage, use your close reading skills to underline sentences that you think are significant.
*Identify the main ideas, possible causes and their effects, themes, and supporting details.
*Take notes in the margin of questions, connections, predictions, and inferences that you make with the text.