Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of BIG DATA
We use Big Data everyday..
How is it helpful?
University Of Delhi
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
SRI GURU GOBIND SINGH COLLEGE OF COMMERCE
Case Study: Google Flu Trends ( H1N1)
However, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, accidentally found out that Google had found out the information more efficiently and instantly than them.
Google picked out the first 50 million searching keywords by Americans at that time
Compared them with the data of CDC(Center for Disease Control & Prevention) on the spread of seasonal flu from 2003 to 2008
Got a list of top 45 searching Keywords
Traced the time and region from where most of the people were searching information by key in these keywords
The result could tell where the flu had spread in an almost instant timing.
Without going to different places
Without any physical examination
Without long reporting time and human resource
Only by analysing all the DATA!
How Big Data predicts Epidemics
Well, the name suggests that big data is about large sets of data!
WHAT IS BIG DATA ?
BIG DATA is the capacity to collect lots of data and analyse them and predict what will happen through models and statistical patterns.
Understanding and optimizing business processes
personal qualification and performance optimization
Improving security and law enforcement
Optimizing machine and device performances
1. All this information may threaten our private lives.
3. Storage of data and cost of building data centres for so much data
2. Make us technology dependant
2. Cloud computing can help with storage problems and decrease storage costs to a great extent.
1. Be more aware of your personal details
Now we are walking around with devices that can do everything we want to. From road navigation to online bill payment to socializing with anyone around the world at any time.
YOU DONT HAVE TO GO OUT AND FIND DATA.
NOW IT IS COMING TO US!
1. Big Data is a technology accessible for anyone
2. Reduced Cost and increased efficiency
3. Quicker and more reliable
4. Allows companies to keep track of everything
3. Encrypting highly confidential information for companies.
The FUTURE :
In 2009, the deadly flu H1N1 spread all over the world.