Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Student CM 380 U&G
Transcript of Student CM 380 U&G
Social Learning Theory
Agenda Setting Theory
Uses and Gratification
Consider an active audience that makes choices (selective exposure)
1. media use is goal-directed,
purposive, and motivated
2. people initiate selection and use
to satisfy needs or desires
3. a host of social and psychological
factors mediate behavior
4. media compete with other forms
5. people are typically more
influential than the media
inclusion, pleasure, relaxation,
mood management, information, ritualized
social and psychological antecedents
Excessive dependence on medium = more influence and power
Uses and Gratifications
Social Scientific Perspective:
Uses & Grats focuses on:
*Example: dependency on news outlet