Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Heidi Hayes Jacobs - Curriculum Mapping
Transcript of Heidi Hayes Jacobs - Curriculum Mapping
Heidi Hayes Jacobs' Vision
*Teaching to the 21st century -
"I often wonder if many of our students feel like they are time traveling as they walk through the school door each morning. As they cross the threshold, do they feel as if they are entering a simulation of life in the 1980s? Then, at the end of the school day, do they feel that they have returned to the 21st century?" (Jacobs, 2012)
* Getting rid of the "binder on a shelf" curriculum
Curriculum mapping aims for:
Curriculum is a "living, breathing document"
shared (with colleagues & the public)
Curriculum mapping is an ongoing process that is never finished
What is a curriculum map?
What does it look like?
* Big Ideas
* Essential Questions
* Knowledge/ Vocabulary
Curriculum mapping is extremely beneficial to school systems and anyone involved. It is a way to keep the curriculum current and keep every member connected.
"Curriculum mapping (today) allows for collaborating and sharing both locally and globally." - Jacobs (2012)
Heidi Hayes Jacobs
* Taught elementary, middle, and high school in Utah, Massachusetts, and New York
* Written many books on curriculum
* Currently an education consultant, an adjunct associate professor at Columbia University, and president of Curriculum Designers, Inc.
* Works with schools on curriculum reform and planning.
The 4 Phases of Curriculum Mapping
1. Laying the foundation
2. Launching the Process
3. Maintaining, Sustaining, and Integrating
4. Advanced Mapping Tasks
*See where you are as a school
Do the research....
*What software will you use? Will you create your own?
*How will it be introduced?
*Short term goals, long term vision
*Consensus maps in place
*The way of communication
*Replace binders/place for sharing
*Updating for the 21st century