Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Positive thinking
POSITIVE THINKING... Activity # 1: Would you rather... 1.Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?
2.Would you rather be 3 feet tall or 8 feet tall?
3.Would you rather be 3 feet taller or 3 feet shorter?
4.Would you rather be a deep sea diver or an astronaut?
5.Would you rather be a dog named Killer or a cat named Fluffy?
6.Would you rather be able to hear any conversation or take back anything you say?
7.Would you rather be able to stop time or fly?
8.Would you rather be an unknown minor league basketball player or a famous professional badminton star?
9.Would you rather be forced to tell your best friend a lie or tell your parents the truth?
10.Would you rather be happy for 8hrs/day and poor or sad for 8hr/day and rich?
11.Would you rather be rich and ugly, or poor and good looking?
12.Would you rather be stranded on an island alone or with someone you hate?
13.Would you rather eat a handful of hair or lick three public telephones?
14.Would you rather find true love or 10 million dollars?
15.Would you rather get even or get over it?
16.Would you rather give bad advice or take bad advice?
17.Would you rather have a beautiful house and ugly car or an ugly house and beautiful car?
18.Would you rather have a kangaroo or koala as your pet?
19.Would you rather have a missing finger or have an extra toe?
20.Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
21.Would you rather own a ski lodge or a surf camp?
22.Would you rather spend the day surfing the internet or the ocean?
23.Would you rather have one wish granted today or three wishes granted in 10 years
24.Would you rather know it all or have it all?
25.Would you rather love and not be loved back, or be loved but never love?
Activity 2: Stand up if you... Activity 3: Unique and shared So what's the story with positive thinking? There has been a huge amount of scientific research about how to develop a more positive way of thinking and how that benefits people, especially young people! We know that people can be happier and more successful if they... Key concepts of positive thinking
1. Savour pleasures (really enjoy the really enjoyable moments in life)
2. Know and use their signature character strengths (we will discover these shortly)
3. Have accurate thinking (challenging the voice in your head, turn off the negative thoughts). Remember - what you say to yourself can affect happiness!
4. Express gratitude (be grateful for what you have in life)
5. Experience “flow” (focus attention on the present moment – not living in the past or spiralling into the future)
6. Have a meaningful life (doing something above and beyond looking after yourself, such as doing things that helps our community) Activity 4: Savouring the experience... Who wants some... Activity 5: Optimism and explanatory styles Now recall the three photos that had the most impact on you? Now try and recall how many photos of the 20 could be classified as positive? Does the following cartoon explain anything about why human beings tend to focus on the negative?