Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
My Passion Netball
Transcript of My Passion Netball
Netball was first a version of womens basketball. A sport teacher called Clara Baer created Netball. It was then developed as a womens sport. Netball was first played in England in 1895 and now Netball is played all around Australia.
What are the rules of netball ?
1. There are 7 players from each team on the court at all times (14 in total)
2. You cannot travel with the ball (unlike basketball) this is called stepping.
3. You cannot bounce the ball, this is called replay.
4. You cannot be closer than 3 feet away from a person when defending the ball, if you do it is called obstruction and you must stand out for the penalty pass.
5. You cannot snatch or hit the ball out of a players hands, this is called contact and you must stand out and wait for the ball to leave the players hands before moving off.
6. Players cannot hold the ball for more than 3 seconds. Called held ball.
7. You cannot cross into any areas that you are not designated to. If you do it is called offside.
8. When the ball goes out of court the team who did not touch it last has a free throw in, they get 3 seconds to throw the ball in but must address the line with their foot.
Australian Netball Teams
Famous Netball Players
Liz Ellis born 17 of January 1973 began playing netball when she was 8 years old. She played the positions of Goal Keeper and Goal Defence. Liz Ellis had won many championships which included winning a gold medal in the Netball World Championships. In total Liz Ellis won 5 gold medals and 2 silver medals.
Bianca Chatfield born 2nd April 1982 began playing netball when she was 10 years old . She currently plays for Melbourne Phoenix premierships and Melbourne Vixens. She was also the vice captain for Melbourne Vixens.
New South Wales Swifts
West Coast Fever
Skills used in Netball
Thanks for watching
By Aarushi Arora
Netball is famous and popular in Commonwealth Games. It is also included in the world championships. Netball's most important competition is the World Netball Championships and the Netball World Series.
GS - Goal Shooter - Can move anywhere within the attacking third of the court, but cannot leave it.
GA - Goal Attack - Can move anywhere within the attacking third and the centre third of the court.
WA- Wing Attack - Can move within the attacking third and centre third, with the exception of the shooting circle.
C - Centre - Can move anywhere across the court, apart from either of the shooting circles.
WD - Wing Defence - Can move within the centre third and the defensive third, with the exception of the shooting circle.
GD - Goal Defence - Can move anywhere within the attacking third and the centre third of the court.
GK - Goal Keeper - Can move anywhere within the defensive third of the court, but cannot leave it.