Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Welcome to Health!
Transcript of Welcome to Health!
8th: What will we learn about:
5 Step Process:
2) Isolated lunch
3) Parent contact
4) After school detention
5) Office referral
-causes & transmission of diseases, immune system, common diseases, sexually transmitted diseases & HIV, preventing the spread of diseases
Drugs & alcohol:
-medicine safety, drug classifications, effects on body systems, nervous system, addiction
-goal setting, making positive choices, consequences of sexual activity, influence of media, refusal skills
Hi! I'm Miss Procik! I graduated from Northern Illinois University in 2012 with my undergrad degree in kinesiology and physical education with an endorsement in health education. I have been teaching at Heineman for 4 years. In my free time, I love watching and playing sports, traveling and being with my friends, family and my puppy, Ruby!
6th: What will we learn about?
Introduction to health:
- components of health, culture, influences, risks & behaviors, goal setting, decision making
- muscular system, skeletal system, circulatory, types of exercise, dangers of steroids
- MyPlate/MyPyramid, dietary guidelines, nutrition labels, digestive & excretory systems
First aid & CPR:
-basic first aid skills, hands only CPR
What to bring to class:
Textbooks will be used for in class purposes only.
7th: What will we learn about?
Adolescence & Reproduction:
-physical, mental, emotional & social changes during adolescence, endocrince system, reproduction system, human growth & development
- dangers of tobacco use, respiratory system, methods & benefits of quitting, avoiding tobacco use, peer pressure
-causes of disease, prevention & treatment of common diseases
Mental & Emotional health:
-stress management, mental & emotional problems including teen suicide
How to be successful:
Grading is based on total points througout the quarter. Your grade will be made up from the following:
Classwork: notes, in-class projects, journal entries, homework
Participation: in-class work, projects, discussions, check for understanding
Assessments: unit tests & quizzes, large projects
There will be extra credit opportunities throughout each unit.
Late work will be accepted until the end of the quarter and graded for half credit.
Feel free to contact me via email at:
Office: Girls Locker Room