Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
SENZ Umbrellas - Taking The World By Storm
Transcript of SENZ Umbrellas - Taking The World By Storm
Taking The World By Storm
Senz Umbrellas was founded in 2005 by three students of the Delft University of Technology.
From the very beginning, production is done in China.
"Never again soaking wet people with broken umbrellas left lying in the street"
"SENZ Umbrellas offers high-quality umbrellas used by image-sensitive people to mark themselves out from the crowd"
the following problem?
“We can travel to the moon and back now, but we can’t make a decent umbrella!”
Three Different Strategy
Become a technology supplier by licensing out the SENZ.
Promotion activities limited to contacting to established umbrella brands and demonstrating their prototypes
Adopt a white label strategy. a umbrella brand was responsible for the umbrella
Design and arranging umbrella production
Develop a new umbrella brand .
High investment and high risks.
High-end umbrellas sold at 10€ and above
Ease of use
SENZ sells physically in 19 countries
SENZ wanted to work with relatively top-end retailers
We can buy an umbrella through SENZ Website
SENZ do not spend a lot of money in promotion
“With this great group of people, we are now working hard to grow senz to a global brand. We'd like to take you with us on our journey, so make sure to follow us through our website, Facebook and Twitter, ´cause there's much more coming your way!”
"Stormproof" and virtually unbreakable
2 year storm warranty
The high price would position the umbrellas as unique, high quality products
The higher price was also necessary to cover production costs which would be higher than for standard umbrellas due to the model’s deviant shape
High margins in order to penetrate the market and make use of its first mover advantage
High margin to invest in research to finance the development
Senz in the new campaign of Mazda3
(The ad can be seen in magazines like Linda and Top Gear)
RTL (German Television) and Romanian Television
BNR (German Radio Station)
Users innovation played, plays, a major role in the future for the development and improvement of Senz Umbrellas’ products
Spontaneous suggestions from users for improvements
Continuous feedback from selected group of users (large role for social media to tap from user innovations)
• What is marketing (marketing definition, marketing process)
• Highlight the strong correlation that exist between marketing and entrepreneurships
• Marketing in Smes (how it works, in which aspects and why is different from big firms marketing)
• Strategies, methods and tools available to entrepreneur
• Common approaches used by entrepreneurs during the company lifecycle
• How new technologies changed marketing channels and consequently have affected the way to do marketing
• Practical examples and cases in order to help you figuring out how to do marketing
Thanks for your attention
Antonelli, Fenzi, Indriolo, Paltenghi, Pezzoli, Regolini, Uggè