Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Eight Stages of Genocide
Transcript of Eight Stages of Genocide
- Thought their religion was better than Christianity
-The collapse of the economy in the 1990's brought down the economy which led to an outrageous famine How Ultra-Nationalism led
to Genocide Classification - North Korean government is communist
- Half- Chinese babies were being killed because of their ethnicity
- Religious groups such as the Christians were targeted
- 50,000-70,000 Christians were imprisoned Symbolization - Any person with symbols or ideas that Kim Jong il feels threatened by are punished
- The christians symbols like crosses
- 200,000 North Koreans were held in political prison camps (50,000 of them are Christians) Organization - The North Korean government denies its people almost every basic human right
- There is no religious freedom aloud. If people are caught practicing or spreading religion in secret, they will be punished
- It is illegal to leave the country without state permission
- Permission is needed if you want to travel to another part of the country
- North Korea partnered with china to finance the costs of mass murder Dehumanization - Many children who are born in these political camps are raised as prisoners because their blood is guilty
- Woman are usually executed or sent to concentration camps when they are caught as refugees in china
- Guards in some concentration camps say that prisoners are being treated inhumanly and being used as medical experiments as well as being exterminated in gas chambers. Polarization Preparation - Kim Jong-II was a dictator
- A propaganda displayed how the government put the military before citizens
- The government set laws that North Koreans were required to follow or they would be killed
- Women pregnant with babies belonging to men who are North Korean are forced to get an abortion -Kim Jong il made the people believe that the world was in mass shortage of food. Using the media
-Denying any outside communication or travel inside to North Korea limiting knowledge
-He took whole groups of men, women and children and forced them to remote work location or work camps. Extermination - The women who fled to China and impregnated were forced into abortion because they believed that the children were fathered by a non-North Korean.
- Children who were not full North Korean were murdered to prevent mixed ethnicity in North Korea.
- Christians were publicly executed or forced to concentration camps where they were starved, tortured or worked to death along with their families.
- People who were caught practicing religion in secret were punished harshly by public execution or sent to concentration camps.
- Those with Criticism against the North Korean government were executed or sent to political prison camps Denial - North Korean Government denied the existence of the labor and political prison camps.
- Tore apart the railway tracks leading to a few out of the many concentration camps so no one could pass through and witness the camps.
- North Korea's economy failed and fell into depression and famine.