Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Beowulf Socratic Seminar
Transcript of Beowulf Socratic Seminar
Seminar Topic #1
WORLD CONNECTION QUESTIONS
1) Does President Obama give Americans hope, but still maintain his symbol of power? Does this necessarily make him a hero?
2) What qualities did Hitler have that made the Nazi regiment loyal and follow him?
1) How does hope help you overcome difficulties in life? Now relate this to Beowulf.
2) What does Wiglaf's support of Beowulf at the end of the poem speak of Beowulf's leadership?
1) What character traits make a king? Please provide examples of both positive and negative quailties Hrothgar, and elaborate on whether he was a good king or not.
2) Conclude on why you believe Hrothgar did nothing to stop Grendel for 12 years?
UNIVERSAL THEME/ CORE QUESTIONS
1) Everyone has both negative and positive views of how Beowulf is an admirable person. We want to focus strickly on how Beowulf is admirable and how he makes a good leader.
2) How did Grendel test Beowulf and Hrothgar's courage?
LITERARY ANALYSIS QUESTIONS
1) How does the author use the setting to show how Beowulf reflects hope and power?
2)How is the story of Beowulf a symbolism of society today?