Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Tutorial Four
Create Shortcuts to a drive, folder, and file: A shortcut is a link to an item (such as a file, folder, drive, or program) on your computer. You can create shortcuts and then place them in a convenient location so that you can easily access the item that the shortcut links to. Shortcuts can be distinguished from the original file by the arrow that appears on the icon.
Objectives 6,7,8,and 9.
Objectives 10, 11, 12, 13
- You can right click the folder of your choice, and drag it to the desktop. Then you choose the option to create a shortcut.
To create a shortcut to a folder
To create a shortcut to a file
- You can simply highlight the file of your choice right click and place a hold on it, and then click create a shortcut.
To create a shortcut to a drive
- To create a shortcut to a drive: First attach the flash drive to the computer. Then click the computer icon, re size and drag the window to the right. Then drag your flash drive icon from the desktop( when you drag it over a shortcut arrow icon will appear, and the text "create a link in desktop". Now you have a one step access to your flashdrive.
Objective 2, 3, 4,and 5.
View shortcut Properties
-Right click flash drive the shortcut icon, and click properties. The flash drive properties dialog box will open, and displays information about the shortcut.
- Right click the shortcut, then click properties. You then click customize on the shortcut you choose.
Create shortcuts to programs: This is used to get to your frequently used programs faster and more conveniently.
- Open start menu, point to all programs. Then click accessories, right click on the program you choose, point to send to, click desktop shortcut. It is then placed onto the desktop.
Create a new shortcut from an existing shortcut: You can make a copy of an existing shortcut and change its path to create a new short cut.
- Right click the existing shortcut, and then click copy on the shortcut menu. Right click the desktop, and the click paste on the shortcut menu
You actually do not have to update this the computer does it automatically.
Update a shortcut path:
Add a shortcut to the start menu and task bar: This is used so that you can pin your most commonly used programs.
Drag the shortcut from the desktop to start button, release the mouse button, and click the start button. It is now located when you open the start menu. Also, you can do the same process to add a shortcut to the task bar.
Create a control panel shortcut: If you find that you use a Control Panel tool a lot, you can create a desktop shortcut to the Control Panel , So you do not have to navigate in the control panel
-Open Windows Explorer, scroll down to Control Panel,
click once on it to highlight, then from the Windows Explorer
Toolbar select: File > Control Panel > Create Shortcut.
Use the create shortcut wizard:
Because we frequently use the Windows 7 On-screen keyboard on our computers, you want to create a shortcut to the on-screen keyboard program. Using the create shortcut wizard makes it easier to specify the path from the shortcuts.
Create a link in the Navigation pane: This is used mostly to find your most commonly used locations on your computer, including the desktop, libraries, the downloads folder, your network and home group, and saved searches.
Click the shortcut. The folder will open, click public documents in the address bar. Drag the selected folder to your favorites.
Customize a drive icon: Using this makes it a lot easier for you find which specific disk drive you are using. ( if you have multiple).
To specify a custom icon for a flash drive, you must first locate or create a small icon file with a file extension. Next create a folder name. Finally use the notepad to create an auto run file where you designate the location of the file icon.
Create internet shortcuts: This is pretty much putting your most visited sites in your favorites as a shortcut to easily visit them.
click internet explorer task bar button. click the address bar icon to the left of the URL for your home page, type microsoft.com, press enter. Drag the microsoft icon on the left side of the address bar to the desktop. Close the internet, and then click Microsoft Corporation shortcut.
Add shortcuts to the start-up folder: By placing important shortcuts in your start-up folder, you can maximize the performance of your computer.
Open the start-up menu, point to all programs, locate and right click the start-up folder, and then click open. Hold down the Ctrl key while you drag a desktop shortcut into the start-up folder.