Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
BARACK OBAMA: THE SPEECH THAT MADE HIM PRESIDENT
Transcript of BARACK OBAMA: THE SPEECH THAT MADE HIM PRESIDENT
Text Type - Speech
Target Audience - The American People
Time Frame - 2004 Democratic National Convention, before the 2009 US General Elections
Purpose - Introducing John Kerry and John Edwards
Modes of persuasion
Themes - Unity, Power of The American Spirit
Paragraph 1 - Introduction & Formalities
Paragraph 2-4 - Auto-biographical Sketch
Paragraph 5-7 - Reaffirmation of American Values
Paragraph 8-10 - Introduction of candidates
Paragraph 11-16 - Community & Unity
"determining the needs, attitudes, and values of your audience before drafting your speech"
Craig Chua Calen 5.12
"Tonight is a particular honor for me because, let's face it, my presence on this stage is pretty unlikely"
"There is not a liberal America or Conservative America, there is the United States of America"
"John Kerry believes..."
Modes of Persuasion
Power of the American Spirit