Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of EXTRAJUDICIAL KILLINGS
things actually are improving in a lot of ways throughout the country;
People are more scared and respectful of the "law" now than they have been in decades;
and the improvements in safety for the majority of people has been fantastic.
“deprivation of life without full judicial and legal process, and with the involvement, complicity, tolerance or acquiescence of the Government or its agents.”
extrajudicial executions or killings are those “executions or deaths caused intentionally by the attacks or killings by State security forces or paramilitary groups, death squads or other private forces cooperating with the State or tolerated by it.”
People are dying, some innocent, some not, all without a trial or due process.
The UN has scorned it, strongly encouraging the Philippines to be more respectful of HUMAN RIGHTS.
EJK doesn't necessarily mean that the culprits were the police officers because:
1. Drug lords killing their own pushers who might reveal them
2. Police officers/generals who like #1 will also kill those pushers who might implicate them
3. Rival wars among drug pushers and drug lords as a result of the intense campaign against them
4. Police officers defending themselves from the threat of suspected criminalsA
Morally or Ethically correct?
it is illegal even by the laws of the Philippines;