Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Niccolo Machiavelli
An Italian political philosopher in the Renaissance era.
What did he do?
Machiavelli was a writer, politician and philosopher, even though he refused to be acknowledged as one.
"It is much safer to be feared than loved."
Machiavelli's contribution to philosophy.
“The Prince,” was believed to be written to show his view on how government runs.
By Julie Eaton
He was a founder of political science, focusing on political ethics.
Wrote the practical guide to royalty titled "The Prince."
"Therefore it is unnecessary for a prince to have all the good qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them."
Believed that princes should just appear virtuous rather than actually be virtuous.
Argued that princes are less likely to be attacked if both respected and feared.
Said that princes shouldn't be too generous because they wouldn't be able to fully satisfy their people.