Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of YOUTUBE
"The main means of
(television, radio, and newspapers) regarded collectively" -
MEDIA & COMMUNICATION (DEF)
Felix Kjellberg (25)
MEDIA & COMMUNICATION
Top 10 gaming channels on Youtube
"Ninety-five percent of gamers turns to YouTube for
- Learning and sharing knowledge: Education section
EDUCATION ON YOUTUBE
EDUCATION ON YOUTUBE: PROS AND CONS
EDUCATION ON YOUTUBE : WHY SO POPULAR?
Fashion, make up, nails, hair etc.
Vlogs - direct communication with the viewers
Uses Youtube as a platform
Today: 7 billion subscribers
Released a book in 2014
TOP 10 MOST SUBSCRIBED EDUCATION CHANNELS ON YOUTUBE
#1 Crash Course: over 2.6 mill subscribers and 176.1 mill views
- Learn more from watching and listening, instead of reading
- Difficulties with reading
- Better way of presenting the knowledge
- Get interesting knowledge and ideas from experts
present knowledge in a fun, entertaining and creative way by using colours, pictures, animations etc.
Screenshot from CrashCourse
Screenshot from Khan Academy
- Entertainment (music, reactions)
Total networth of 12 million USD
34 Million subscribers (10 million more than Youtube itself)
Since August 2013 most subsribed channel on Youtube
Started April 29th 2010
7 Billion views
Average of aprox. 30.000 new subs and 13 Million views every day
Fastest growing channel on Yotube (2013: 3.5 - 15 million subs)
Mainly horror and action games
Vocal gamer - attention
August 2014 disabled the comment system - Spam
--> Reddit and own online forum
-Water campaign: raised almost half a million USD
-Save the children raised the double amount of his goal at 250.000 USD
Social-media fitness entrepenuer
YouTube channel and a websites which sells fitness apparell
Promoting health and exercise on YouTube
She was a pilates instructor, and started up her YouTube channel in order to provide her students with online workouts after she moved
- Rapidly growing platform
- Founed in 2005, and bought by Google in 2006
- More than 1 billion unique users/ month
- Over 6 billion hours/ month
- 100h of video/ minute
She believes that "YouTube has an important role to play concerning body image, and that social media is important for people to obtain their lifstyle goals."
"The imparting or e
xchanging of information
by speaking, writing, or using some other
Why do you think Youtube has had such a rapid growth?
What do you think lies in the future of Youtube as a platform?
What do you think are some negative sides of Youtube?
"Internet personality of the year" in 2014