Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of informational summary
unit eq: Does music censorship violate the rights guaranteed under the first amendment?
lesson eq: what criteria is necessary for an effective informational summary?
Do Now: Write complete sentences using the correct verb tense in response to the following questions.
1. What are you doing right now?
2. What did you do during Christmas break?
3. What will you do during regents week?
Provides an overview of the key topics and ideas from a text.
identifies the title, author, and text type that the author will summarize.
1. Underline the
The introductory paragraph also includes a
that states the plan for the essay.
2. Box the
Body paragraphs cite key topics and details from the summarized text. Each body paragraph starts with a topic sentence that includes a controlling idea about the topic.
3. Underline the topic sentence of each body paragraph.
4. Check three key tops and details cited from the text.
Transition words and phrases introduce and connect ideas.
5. Circle four transition words or phrases in the essay.
Citations from the text appear in quotation marks, with the page number in parentheses.
6. Double underline three citations from the text.
The conclusion restates the focus statement and adds a final thought.
7. Star the sentence that restates the focus statement.