Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What Is Manga?
Transcript of What Is Manga?
What is Manga? For my Topic.It's really annoying
because there is no information in the World Books
for my topic. Thank goodness Mum has some books on
Hokusai (the first manga master) Hi and welcome to my IRT presentation.
Today you will find out everything you need to know about manga, its origins, who invented it, what are the different types and much more. Questions? Osamu Tezuka watched Bambi over 80 times!
He was also chairman of the Superman Fan Club. In Japan they have special cafes called "manga cafes" where people can go to read manga while having food or drink In Japan more than 50 animes are created each week. Manga is actually pronounced May-nnnn-gwah The first ever manga was called Choujuu Giga Facts For my book report I chose to read "Wrong About Japan" by Peter Carey. This book is about Peter and his son Charley going to Japan and meeting many different manga artists.
* * * In Japan they meet people like Mr. Tomino, a manga artist who only wants to make films. They also meet Yoshihara-San a swords maker for Japanese films. The book starts of with Charley renting a Japanese anime called Kikujiro, a tough guy/little boy film. 18/7/12 Soooooooooooo tired from IRT. I did most of my factual text last weekend. I also started planning my narrative even though it's not due for a few weeks. I also finished my book review. 6/8/12 Almost finished my art project.
Only 160 more rectangles to go! I originally started with 900! Anyway I figured out that if I do 23 a day I can get it done in less then 7 days. 3/9/12 Thanks for watching! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga Websites: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_anime http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_anime_and_manga http://comicbooks.about.com/od/manga/ss/manga101.htm http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-manga.htm http://www.picgifs.com/search/?q=manga&c=all Books: Bouliande and Marquet, Hokusai First Manga Master
Michener, James A., The Hokusai Sketch-Books, Tuttle, 1971
Hiller J., Hokusai Paintings, Drawings and Woodcuts, Phaidon,1985
Thompsom Jason, Manga, The Complete Guide, Ballitine Books, 2007
Scott-Baron Hayden, Digital Manga Techniques, Quatro Publishing, 2005 Final Thoughts Book Report