Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Hero Quest Cycle
Transcript of The Hero Quest Cycle
Unusual Birth or Origin
Preparation & Readiness
The Hero has an unusual birth or origin which marks him/her as being special.
Sometimes the hero is ignorant of his/her true identity.
The protected existence ends with a Call to Adventure by some Messenger or Event
Often the Hero refuses this Call to Adventure
Once the quest has been accepted, the Hero must train. This is overseen by a Magical Talisman or Old Wizard.
During the Journey the Hero faces a series of Threshold Guardians that test the skill and resolve of the Hero.
The Hero usually fails to defeat the first Threshold Guardian and requires help.
The Hero acquires Hero Partners
But the Hero will lose his guide/mentor
Hero slays the Monster,
but only after being
betrayed, and/or making
The Hero's Return
Kingly Rule or Both
The Hero is raised by someone
in isolation, far away from danger.
A Maze or Puzzle
A place of danger
Rest & Healing
Dark Underground evils