Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Karen Hilchey
Professional Translator and Interpreter
What can I Interpret?
- Bilingual oral conferences
- Jury trial witnesses
- International meetings, conferences, congresses
- Consultations, judicial proceedings, professional and union meetings
- Programs and procedures in both official languages pertaining to immigration and citizenship
What Education do I have?
Universit é Laval, Saint-Foy
- Certificate in pedagogy (1990)
- Bachelors Linguistics/Translation (1987-1990)
- Certificate in French as a Second Language (1985-1986)
St. Lawrence College
- Cegep Diploma (1983-1985)
Why Should You Choose Me?
I have acquired the necessary skills from well known educational institutions
25 years cumulative experience interpreting, translating and teaching English as a Second Language
I am a dedicated professional in my field, who will be committed to ensuring your organization's experiences are superior
Other Relevant Experience
- Translating documents and conversations, including business, employment, governmental, political, general documents and research projects
- Proofreading and correction of mistranslations
- Teaching (English as a Second Language)
English - French and French - English
What Kind of Interpreting
Have I Done?
- Remote and in person interpreting
- Focus Groups
- Master of Ceremony for a Citizenship Celebration and Civic Award Ceremony.
Why am I the right Person for YOU?
Not only do I have extensive experience, it includes international meetings, conferences, congresses, consultations and judicial proceedings. This means I am already familiar with translating and interpreting at the international level. I have the skills and the confidence to take on such a role with your organization