Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Annexation of Hawaii
Transcript of Annexation of Hawaii
America wanted to help Dewey
It meant more power for America
The Motivations of the Annexation
Actions of the U.S.
Easier Philippine control
New government in Hawaii
Planters appeal to US
Queen forced to abdicate
American troops landed in Honolulu
Treaty brought to Washington
Cleveland withdrew it
Investigation in Hawaii
Joint Resolution in Congress
Mckinely approved annexation
July 7, 1898
Residents recevied citizenship
All have full territorial status
Granted statehood in 1959
More land, more power
Key location in the Pacific with easy access to the Phillipeans
Perfect Naval base and fuling station for merchant ships
Hawaii needed less tariffs which the U.S helped with by removing all tariffs on sugar it exported to the U.S