Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Material Process Flow
Transcript of Material Process Flow
- MTO Analysis
- Verify material delivery from Warehouse to Shop
Material Process Flow
MTO (Material Take Off)
ENGINEERING AND DRAFTING DEPT
- BOM (bill of materials)
to include critical info (project due date, MTO's, remarks, etc)
to determine real purchase requirements.
- Create PR (Purchase Requisition)
- Create / Process PO (Purchase Order)
Specify in detail different charges $ within PO (if rush, freight type, COO)
Demand quality documents to Vendor.
- FO review
- Work Pack creation
SAP Issue for Production
(IP) creation - FO "segmentation"
for fabrication purposes/effectiveness.
- Monitor delivery, based on requested project due date.
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING .. AND DELIVERING TO SHOP
LindsayCa PO vs Vendor Packing List
Match quantities and heat numbers, verify specs.
Hand in MTRs, Certificates, MSDS to QA/QC.
Process GR, record Heat numbers
into SAP and print labels.
Determine if material is to consume internally or externally.
.- Assign BIN location and hold until an
Issue for Production
comes in to transfer material to Manufacturing Floor.
(Shipping list) and deliver to
- Follow up material inside Fabrication Process (FP)
- Check for damaged material during the FP.
If any, need to notify ASAP to Engineering for replenishment.
- Left overs to be processed accordingly, issue a Good Return document. (Process currently to be validated)
- Monitor POs due date(s) involved to request IPs in SAP
Certify every material
matching hard copy heat numbers vs SAP recorded heat numbers.
Scan hard copies or segregate PDFs
of MTRs, Certificates, MSDS, etc.
Identify missing MTR, Certificates and MSDS and notify
to Procurement on a timely manner.
Attach each file
individually by line into SAP for further referral.
WHAT HAS BEEN DONE ALREADY ..?
- INVENTORY CYCLE COUNT AND SAP ADJUSTMENT
warehouse, yard and tool room materials
- CLEAN UP INVALID / OBSOLETE SKUs IN SAP
- Finished Good item creation in SAP and raw material 16 digit SKU creation (if any new needed)
- FO (fabrication order) creation. (M
irror of BOM)
- Clear material process flow.
- Improve communication to optimize
invoice processing time.
- Set payment methods in accordance with project's guidelines.
- Contract milestones with payment schedule "kick off meeting"
= DOCUMENT CONTROL =
- Send RFQ's to vendors, select best option. (
include Project Mgr and Engineering Dept
for budget purposes)
- TEST SCANNER FOR PROPER DATA INPUT (
- SAP SCREEN CUSTOMIZATION IMPROVEMENTS TO
SUPPORT DATA PROCESSING AND ANALYSIS.
- KICK OFF MEETING FOR EVERY BODY TO BE INVOLVED AND KEY PLAYERS TO BE TRAINED
- NEW ROLES TO BE DETERMINED BY NEW FUNCTIONS AS NEEDED.
THINGS TO CONSIDER ...
- Efficient turn around cash flow on each phase/project.
- Accurate materials visibility to avoid P.O. duplication.
- Increase effectiveness to detect opportunities through the process.
- SAP RFQ alignment in accordance to "project timings" to avoid rush RM deliveries.
- Send RFQ to approved vendors.
Select best option considering project's requirements (Price, LT, quality, etc)
- Get internal approvals.
into the document (SAP). Assure Quality release of materials and deliver them to Shop.
- IF LEFTOVERS,
Process Good Return
accordingly in SAP.