Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Title IX
Transcript of Copy of Title IX
Created by Jackie Chipkin
Edited by Max Utsler
"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance..."
—20 United States Code Section 1681
Athletics, academics, extracurricular activities
10 key areas
Participation (3-prong rule)
Accomodation (OCR Survey)
Civil Rights Act of 1972
Conservatives added to it
Courts upheld it
Role of NCAA
High School Participation
1981--294k girls vs. 3.6 million boys
2006--3.1m girls vs. 4.4m boys
2015--3.3m girls vs. 4.5m boys*
It's all about football
Before and After
Controversies and Myths