Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Informative Speech
by uncontrollable, unwanted thoughts
and repetitive, ritualized behaviors you feel compelled to perform. Often compulsions are used to make
obsessions go away. O.C.D. is the
disorder. 1. Obsessions
2. Compulsions What are obsessions? Worries
Fears What are compulsions? You might just say STOP. If you don't have O.C.D... BUT, people with O.C.D... Most people with O.C.D. don't believe
that it is a biological problem. Washers
Doubters and sinners
Counters and arrangers
Hoarders Just because you have obsessions thoughts or you perform compulsions behaviors doesn't mean you suffer from O.C.D. Help yourself. RE-LABEL
Writing it down
Anticipate it Don't make personal criticisms, negative
comments only makes it worse.
Don't pressure them
Be patient, be kind
Don't help them with their rituals
Keep family life as normal as possible
Communicate positively and clearly
Find the humor At this time, there is no
cure for O.C.D. Now that you understand O.C.D.
you can help the people that
do suffer from this disorder Help a family member or friend.