Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Midwest Region
Transcript of The Midwest Region
• the East North Central States or the Great Lakes States
• the West North Central States or the Great Plain States
As regards physical features, it's mostly flat, except for the eastern midwest where we have the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and the Great Lakes Basin. Apart from them, the states consist of either plains or rolling or small hills. Fauna Great Plains area:
mammals: buffaloes, bisons, prairie dogs
birds: geese, ducks, owls, sparrows, blackbirds
cold-blooded: the Great Plains Toad, the tiger salamander, the box turtle and snakes.
Great Lakes area:
fish: Walleye, yellow perch, lake sturgeon, brook trout, lake whitefish, muskellunge, and introduced salmon species.
mammals: gray wolf, Canada lynx, little brown bat, beaver, moose, river otter, and coyote.
birds: the bald eagle, northern harrier, common loon, double-crested cormorant, common tern, bobolink, least bittern, common merganser, and the endangered Kirtland's warbler. Climate Mostly humid climate. Here there are four strong seasons with warm to hot summers, cold and snowy winters, and rain in all seasons. Temperatures can rise or drop rapidly; winds can be extreme. Flora Mostly prairies full of grass (tall-grass, mixed-grass
and short-grass prairies) where corn/soybean and
wheat belts grow.
There are pastoral and agricultural areas.