Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Archimedes
By Tess and Jess
Calculus is very confusing but I will explain it on the board.
When you kick a round ball or shoot and arrow it goes up then goes down the arc it make is called a parabola (no matter how small or big the arc is).
What did Archimedes discover?
3.14159265359 is Pi (not the apple pie unfortunately) the maths term.
The Value of Pi
Who was Archimedes?
- Greek mathematician
What he did
Born: 287 BC
Died: 212 BC, assassinated
Lived in: Syracuse, Sicily
He got interest in mathematics from his father, Phidias, who was an astronomer.
How are these helpful?
What is pi in and what can we use it for?
What can you use calculus in and for?
Where do you find parabola's?
Quiz time! - What can you remember?