Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Desk Ops 1.0
Transcript of Desk Ops 1.0
- hit the "Send E-mail" button
- don't hesitate to fill out a CSI for late or missing keys/temps
Desk Ops 1.0:
Logs & Info. at the Desk
- personal safety = #1!
- report up
- take good notes
- maintain confidentiality
Desk Ops 101
If you remember anything...
1. Desk Ops 1.0: When You Get to the Desk
3. SALTO: 21st Century Security
4. Would You Like a Box for That?
2. Room Keys, Mail Keys, the Key to Our Hearts
Housing & Dining Programs develops inclusive, student-centered residential communities that enhance the academic experience of each resident while providing services that support the greater university community.
1. verify ID (reg card)
2. both initial out
**time out, temp #
3. issue card ->
1. always Send Email!!
2. missing packages:
fill out a green CSI for your DC
5. Keep Calm and Document the Incident
- SIGN IN!!!
- key & SALTO audit
- record incidents
- sign in = get PAID
- spare key sign out log (for non residents)
- Fill out a CSI and charge $10 for a late key
- You will be held responsible for keys that go missing during your shift!
Mail Services (USPS)
- Click "Action."
- Scan multiple barcodes
- Set status to "Received at ___ Desk."
- Click "Set as Received"
Other Carriers (UPS, Fedex, DHL)
- Click "Receive" & scan code
- Type resident's name under "Recipient."
- Select package type (flowers, cucpakes, etc.)
- Click "Received at ___ Desk."
- Click "Receive"
RA on Duty
RD on Duty
- fire alarm
- drunk resident
- missing person call
- flooding in the building
Admin Key Log
- EVERYONE must sign keys out!!!
- you initial too!
- maps, restaurant guides, rosters
Spare Key Checkout
- Verify Identification
- 15 min. time limit
- Include date, time, resident and dr initial
SALTO Temporary Access Cards
- 15 minute time limit
- extension (end of next business day): mark reg card with a sticky note
- non-residents (RMC), use the sign in sheet (ops log)
Name, AU ID, room #
start & end time
(+ 20 min. cushion)
select hall & floor
choose room #
place on dock &
firstname + last inital (tessm)
- temp card audit:
write temp card #s present in formal log at sign in
- to charge for a late temp:
fill out a
(Customer Service Inquiry)
bottom line . . .
- when in doubt, ask a supervisor
- yours & the building's safety are the most important
- otherwise, the customer is always right :)
- Perform a key & SALTO audit after signing in
- List and initial all missing spare and admin keys
Pass Down Log
- notes for staff
- ie, scheduled fire alarm, missing package, etc
1. Always click SEND EMAIL button
2. Difference between:
Receive vs. Deliver
Basics of Payroll
All DRs & RAs are paid Bi-Weekly
Beginning July 1, 2014 minimum wage increased to $9.50 per hour
Timesheets are due every other Friday
You will be paid every other Friday
Each two weeks is considered a “Pay Period”
After you sign a timesheet, you will be paid those earnings 2 weeks later
Ex. This Pay Period is 8/2-8/15. You will be complete a timesheet for staff training and will be paid on August 29th
First timesheet is due NEXT Friday by 5pm.
Completing a Timesheet
Paycheck vs. Direct Deposit
You may choose to pick up your paycheck on or after Pay Day
Pick up from Housing & Dining Programs main office
Sean Cullinane (Financial Administrator) holds all paychecks
Main Office open Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
OR you may enroll in Direct Deposit
Paycheck electronically deposited into your bank account on Friday
Doesn't involve picking up a check or depositing it at the bank/ATM
Direct Deposit can take up to 14 days to take effect (your first payment may be a paycheck)
DO WORK GEt PAID!!!
Initial the Sign-In Log
Complete Online Timesheet
Sign your timesheet online by midnight of each Pay Period (every other Friday)
Direct Deposit – money deposited directly to your account on Pay Day
Check – must come pick up check from HDP main office on or after Pay Day
People you can talk to:
Residential Services Coordinator
Human Resources x2591
6. Payroll: Do Work Get Paid