Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Technology Integration Specialist
Transcript of Technology Integration Specialist
What is the plan for Carthage R9?
How will we provide the technology experiences for all students that enable them to perform well on Common Core assessments?
How will we provide the professional development allowing teachers to implement those experiences in their classrooms?
"...technology is at the core of virtually every aspect of our daily lives and work, and we must leverage it to provide engaging and powerful learning experiences and content, as well as resources and assessments that measure student achievement in more complete, authentic, and meaningful ways."
~Arne Duncan, Secretary of Education
Why is a Technology Integration Specialist essential?
*Provides Teacher Training and Professional Development
*Creates technology-rich, inquiry-based lessons
*Constructs and models meaningful use of technology in the
*Generates "real-life" experiences for students
*Acts as advocate, supporter, coach, and resource for the
*Helps maintain life-long learning among staff and students
What do the Standards tell us?
How is Carthage R9 doing?
*100% Teacher computers
*100% Interactive Whiteboards in core classrooms
*90% Interactive Whiteboards in "other" classrooms
*3 carts of iPads (30/30/16)
*6 carts of Galaxy 7.0+ Tablets (30)
*6 eMINTS classrooms
*5 SMART tables
*60 SMART slates
*LOTS- Educational Software programs
Grapplings Technology and Learning Spectrum
Technology Focus: essential-information producers
*complex learning and thinking tools
*community learning tools
*productivity tools used to construct meaning and produce information useful & beneficial to others
Instructional Focus: student-centered, constructivist pedagogy
*technology uses enable new learning tasks not possible without technology
Standards for the 21st-Century Learner
1. Inquire, think critically, and gain knowledge.
2. Draw conclusions, make informed decisions, apply knowledge to new situations, and create new knowledge.
3. Share knowledge and participate ethically and productively as members of our democratic society.
4. Pursue personal and aesthetic growth.
*Meet with teachers during planning period (every other week-opposite Lit meetings)
*Provide modeling, examples, created lessons, activities, and projects that are inquiry-based and include CCSS skills
*Train teachers on using technology resources meaningfully
*Offer strategies on successfully implementing technology
*Link between technology and teachers
Certified Computer Lab Instructor (extensive training in technology implementation)
*Gives all students hands-on practice with meaningful technology experiences
*Has the knowledge of technology integration and the experience working within a classroom
*Apply classroom strategies and practices to lessons utilizing the technology-rich environment
(whole-group instruction, small group instruction, flexible/leveled project groups, centers, etc.)
*Serves as a resource to colleagues
*Only about 50% have been trained on the equipment/software available. (one-time training)
*Only 93 teachers (this includes substitutes) attended the summer technology training sessions
*2 teachers are currently enrolled in the eMINTS training program
Ongoing technology training, coaching and support for teachers is crucial in the success of the students.
1. Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
2. Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments
3. Model digital age work and learning
4. Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility
5. Engage in professional growth and leadership