Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Atomic Idol Project on Marie Curie
Transcript of Atomic Idol Project on Marie Curie
-Nobel Prize in Physics in 1903
-Nobel Prize in Chemisty in 1911 Discovered Polonium Discovered Radium Name: Polonium
Atomic Number: 84
Atomic Mass: (209.0) amu
Melting Point: 254.0 °C (527.15 K, 489.2 °F)
Boiling Point: 962.0 °C (1235.15 K, 1763.6 °F)
Number of Protons/Electrons: 84
Number of Neutrons: 125
Classification: Metalloid People Name: Radium
Atomic Number: 88
Atomic Mass: (226.0) amu
Melting Point: 700.0 °C (973.15 K, 1292.0 °F)
Boiling Point: 1737.0 °C (2010.15 K, 3158.6 °F)
Number of Protons/Electrons: 88
Number of Neutrons: 138
Classification: Alkaline Earth Madame Curie seen with Albert Einstein, Neils Bohr, and other influential scientific figures These men were her peers. Pierre Curie Marie needed a lab to work in, and one of her friends introduced her to a lab where her future husband, Pierre Curie worked. A relationshiop developed between the two and they got married. Unfortunately, Pierre Curie died by stepping in front of a horse-drawn carraige in 1906. Paul Langevin pierre curie Close after her husband had passed, Marie was involved in an ugly alleged affair with Paul Langevin. Paul was already married, and this obviously caused some problems, but this scandal did not stop Marie from continuing her studies. Paul Langevin Setbacks Marie Curie perservered throughout her life even though she came across obstacles such as:
-her husband passing on because he got hit by a carriage
-an alleged affair which was very publicized
- not getting a proper education because she was a female and her family wasn't that wealthy Her Studies -marie curie studied in a field of radiation research How She Benefitted Society -her research led to the discovery of the x-ray
- used medical radiation to treat injured soldiers during World War 1 Bibliography These sources are where I got all of my information Bibliography Marie Curie Puns just because puns are great These sources are from the photos I used during this Prezi thank you for viewing this presentation! Marie must have been pretty about radioactivity Curie curious Marie people using medical radiation during World War One. Curie cured "Who discovered radium?" asked Marie curiously. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sbwX-KvhxZ4/S736E_gN-tI/AAAAAAAABB0/qVMB3MjDgS0/s1600/goldguytrophy.jpg http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/316/6/0/marie_curie_by_subhankarbiswas-d4fxhvk.jpg http://mariecurietpe.unblog.fr/files/2010/11/mariecurie.jpg http://ec.europa.eu/research/rtdinfo/48/images/48_art01_01_4699.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Electron_shell_084_polonium.png http://blogs.plos.org/speakeasyscience/files/2011/03/radium.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Pierrecurie.jpg http://www.aip.org/history/curie/images/photos/langevin-matte.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wG0Y3E4xCbM/T6VKx972mUI/AAAAAAAAEbA/BZ-IDN415PI/s1600/radiation.jpg http://antinuclear.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/medical-radiation.gif http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000726639/polls_happy_20face_saidaonline_3212_465777_poll_xlarge.jpeg . "Marie Curie. Biography." Marie Curie Biography- Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com. biography.com, 01 january 2013. Web. 28 Feb 2013. <http://www.biography.com/people/marie-curie-9263538 >. . "Marie Curie." Marie Curie. NNDB, n.d. Web. 28 Feb 2013. <http://www.nndb.com/people/718/000029631/>. . "Marie Curie. Biography." Marie Curie Biography- Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com. biography.com, 01 Jan 2013. Web. 28 Feb 2013. <http://www.biography.com/people/marie-curie-9263538?page=3>. . "Polonium: the essentials." WebElements Periodic Table of the Elements l Polonium l Essential Information. WebElements, 01 january 2012. Web. 28 Feb 2013. <http://www.webelements.com/polonium/>. Bentor, Yinon. Chemical Element.com - Radium. Feb. 28, 2013 <http://www.chemicalelements.com/elements/ra.html>. Bentor, Yinon. Chemical Element.com - Polonium. Feb. 28, 2013 <http://www.chemicalelements.com/elements/po.html>. ATOMIC IDOL