Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Representation of Youth
Transcript of Representation of Youth
The Chaser on 'Youth in the Media'
“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”
A typical negative representation of young people.
What does Google tell us?
In groups of 3 research the representation of youth in Australian media by finding examples online and analysing them:
- Is it a positive or negative representation?
- How is it constructed?
- What attuitudes, beliefs and values do the texts invite us to accept?
You will share what you have found with the class.
Socrates - 470 BC