Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Muscles
How the Muscles Work
Two Main Types of Muscles
* Voluntary Muscles
Muscles that you are able to control
* Involuntary Muscles
Muscles that you can't consciously control
Classification of Muscles
The Function of the Muscular System
They help make all of your
daily movements possible
Muscle Observation Lab
Question #1: What features do you think you will be able to see looking at
a heart or skeletal muscle?
Question #2: What differences do you think you will notice when you
compare the smooth muscles to the skeletal or cardiac muscles?
Observation #1: Sketch a picture of the smooth muscle cells.
Observation #2: Sketch a picture of the cardiac muscle cells.
Observation #3: Sketch a picture of the bone cells.
How Muscles Move Bones
Muscles can only contract.
Muscles work in pairs.
When one muscle contracts the other relaxes.
To raise your arm the following occurs
- your bicep contracts & tricep relaxes
To lower your arm the following occurs
- your tricep contracts & bicep relaxes