Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
5 Themes Yemen
Transcript of 5 Themes Yemen
* The region that Yemen is located in is Southwest Asia.
* The language spoken in Yemen is Arabic, but English is being spoken by more people everyday. Movement * People in Yemen usually get around by two-lane paved roads that run between major cities, dirt roads, dry riverbeds, bus, walking, taxis, airplanes, and ports. Few people own cars.
* The migration rate is zero.
* Yemen imports food and live animals, machinery, equipment, and chemicals.
* Yemen exports crude oil, coffee, dried and salted fish, and liquefied natural gas.
* Yemen brings products in and moves products out by pipelines, airplanes, trucks, and boats.
* Ideas get around by the use of cellphones, telephones, broadcast media(TV & radio), and the internet. Place * Yemen's geographic features include mountains, plains, deserts, and highlands.
* The climate in Yemen varies with elevation.
* Yemen's vegetation varies in different places. In some places there are narrow coastal plains. In other places there are flat-topped hills and rugged mountains. There are also dissected upland desert plains in the center slope of the Arabian Peninsula.
* The name of the citizens in Yemen is Yemeni(s).
* The official language is Arabic.
* The population is 24.8 million.
* The literacy rate of Yemen is 63.9% (male: 81.2% and female: 46.8%)
* Republic is the government in Yemen.
* You must be 18 years of age or older to vote. HEI * People in Yemen adapt to the environment by adjusting to the warm climate, always being prepared for monsoon rains, and irrigating most of their land.
* People in Yemen use their surroundings by using the water to irrigate land and for drinking and they cut down trees to build their homes.
* People in Yemen positively and negatively impact their environment in many ways.
Negative- cut down many trees to build homes, use lots of fossil fuels
Positive- none known
* The environment in Yemen affects the people by creating sand and dust storms. THANK YOU * The absolute location of Yemen is 15 00 N, 48 00 E.
* The relative location of Yemen is southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, southwest of Oman, south of Saudi Arabia, bordering the Arabian Sea, Gulf of Aden, and Red Sea.
* The capital of Yemen is Sana'a. This picture shows Yemen and some of its bordering countries. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_pa0As8--bk/TkkRHKzH-jI/AAAAAAAABXo/T3g_-eHdpf8/s1600/01-%2BLocation%2Bof%2BRed%2BSea%2Band%2Bbordering%2Bcountries.jpg This picture shows Sana'a which is the capital of Yemen. http://whc.unesco.org/uploads/thumbs/site_0385_0018-464-0-20110809171007.jpg This picture shows a religious school in Yemen. http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20100303&t=2&i=69831628&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2010-03-03T145958Z_01_BTRE62215O000_RTROPTP_0_YEMEN-RELIGION http://www.yale.edu/ceo/DataArchive/swasia.jpg This picture shows Southwest Asia. http://www.hodship.aden.com.ye/images/Hodeidah%20Port%204.jpg "This picture shows the Hodeidah Port. http://www.eaglecoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/yemen-mocha.jpg This picture shows the port city of Mocha, Yemen which is the source of famous mocha coffee beans. It is a big part of Yemen's coffee exports. G Block http://www.jorgetutor.com/yemen/yemenis2/yemenis4.jpg http://www.traveladventures.org/continents/asia/images/yemenipeople02.jpg These pictures show fellow citizens of Yemen called Yemeni(s). http://sbsc.wr.usgs.gov/cprs/research/projects/global_change/images/wssilt.jpg http://www.mynatour.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/lightbox/gallery_images/user_1/DSCN6675.jpg http://www.nature.com/nmiddleeast/2011/110322/images/socotra_3.jpg These pictures show some of the different vegetation zones that appear in Yemen. FOR WATCHING http://mediastore2.magnumphotos.com/CoreXDoc/MAG/Media/TR1/b/e/9/1/SCF8415.jpg This picture shows a dust storm in Yemen. http://girlsoloinarabia.typepad.com/photos/12_yemen/tihamahouse.jpg This picture shows a typical tihama house in Yemen. Extra Info * The kidnappings of tourists in Yemen have made fewer people want to visit.
* The port city of Mocha, along the Red Sea, is the source of world famous mocha coffee beans. YEMEN Resources Used * CIA. gov
* Culture Grams
* Country Reports