Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
5 Themes Yemen
Transcript of 5 Themes Yemen
* The region that Yemen is located in is Southwest Asia.
* The language spoken in Yemen is Arabic, but English is being spoken by more people everyday. Movement * People in Yemen usually get around by two-lane paved roads that run between major cities, dirt roads, dry riverbeds, bus, walking, taxis, airplanes, and ports. Few people own cars.
* The migration rate is zero.
* Yemen imports food and live animals, machinery, equipment, and chemicals.
* Yemen exports crude oil, coffee, dried and salted fish, and liquefied natural gas.
* Yemen brings products in and moves products out by pipelines, airplanes, trucks, and boats.
* Ideas get around by the use of cellphones, telephones, broadcast media(TV & radio), and the internet. Place * Yemen's geographic features include mountains, plains, deserts, and highlands.
* The climate in Yemen varies with elevation.
* Yemen's vegetation varies in different places. In some places there are narrow coastal plains. In other places there are flat-topped hills and rugged mountains. There are also dissected upland desert plains in the center slope of the Arabian Peninsula.
* The name of the citizens in Yemen is Yemeni(s).
* The official language is Arabic.
* The population is 24.8 million.
* The literacy rate of Yemen is 63.9% (male: 81.2% and female: 46.8%)
* Republic is the government in Yemen.
* You must be 18 years of age or older to vote. HEI * People in Yemen adapt to the environment by adjusting to the warm climate, always being prepared for monsoon rains, and irrigating most of their land.
* People in Yemen use their surroundings by using the water to irrigate land and for drinking and they cut down trees to build their homes.
* People in Yemen positively and negatively impact their environment in many ways.
Negative- cut down many trees to build homes, use lots of fossil fuels
Positive- none known
* The environment in Yemen affects the people by creating sand and dust storms. THANK YOU * The absolute location of Yemen is 15 00 N, 48 00 E.
* The relative location of Yemen is southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, southwest of Oman, south of Saudi Arabia, bordering the Arabian Sea, Gulf of Aden, and Red Sea.
* The capital of Yemen is Sana'a. This picture shows Yemen and some of its bordering countries. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_pa0As8--bk/TkkRHKzH-jI/AAAAAAAABXo/T3g_-eHdpf8/s1600/01-%2BLocation%2Bof%2BRed%2BSea%2Band%2Bbordering%2Bcountries.jpg This picture shows Sana'a which is the capital of Yemen. http://whc.unesco.org/uploads/thumbs/site_0385_0018-464-0-20110809171007.jpg This picture shows a religious school in Yemen. http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20100303&t=2&i=69831628&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2010-03-03T145958Z_01_BTRE62215O000_RTROPTP_0_YEMEN-RELIGION http://www.yale.edu/ceo/DataArchive/swasia.jpg This picture shows Southwest Asia. http://www.hodship.aden.com.ye/images/Hodeidah%20Port%204.jpg "This picture shows the Hodeidah Port. http://www.eaglecoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/yemen-mocha.jpg This picture shows the port city of Mocha, Yemen which is the source of famous mocha coffee beans. It is a big part of Yemen's coffee exports. G Block http://www.jorgetutor.com/yemen/yemenis2/yemenis4.jpg http://www.traveladventures.org/continents/asia/images/yemenipeople02.jpg These pictures show fellow citizens of Yemen called Yemeni(s). http://sbsc.wr.usgs.gov/cprs/research/projects/global_change/images/wssilt.jpg http://www.mynatour.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/lightbox/gallery_images/user_1/DSCN6675.jpg http://www.nature.com/nmiddleeast/2011/110322/images/socotra_3.jpg These pictures show some of the different vegetation zones that appear in Yemen. FOR WATCHING http://mediastore2.magnumphotos.com/CoreXDoc/MAG/Media/TR1/b/e/9/1/SCF8415.jpg This picture shows a dust storm in Yemen. http://girlsoloinarabia.typepad.com/photos/12_yemen/tihamahouse.jpg This picture shows a typical tihama house in Yemen. Extra Info * The kidnappings of tourists in Yemen have made fewer people want to visit.
* The port city of Mocha, along the Red Sea, is the source of world famous mocha coffee beans. YEMEN Resources Used * CIA. gov
* Culture Grams
* Country Reports