Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Structure of Matter
Transcript of The Structure of Matter
Principles of Radiographic Imaging I The Structure of Matter Relate the history of the atom.
Identify the structure of the atom.
Describe the electron shells and instability
with atomic structure.
Discuss radioactivity and the characteristics
of alpha and beta particles.
Explain the difference between two forms
of ionizing radiation. Objectives Greek atom
4 essences Centuries of Discovery Dmitri Mendeleev Periodic Table of Elements Smallest part of the four substances of matter
Smallest particle of matter that has the properties of an element.
Subatomic particles are smaller that the atom
electrons Atom An element was composed of identical atoms that reacted the same way chemically Dalton Atom 8 Groups
Each block represents one element
Superscript = atomic number
Subscript = elemental mass Interpreting a Periodic Table Thomson Atom Bohr Atom Electron
Neutron Fundamental Particles