Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Christ Figure Archetype
Transcript of Christ Figure Archetype
The connection accentuates a theme of hope or redemption
An ironic connection can be made, to make a character appear less significant Jesus is iconic. This means
that he has become a symbol. How do I recognize a Christ figure? Think of the attributes of Christ In a book or film, a character
may display similar traits, indicating
that they are a Christ figure. 1) crucified; wounds in the hands, feet, side, and head 2) in agony 3) self-sacrificing 4) good with children 5) good with loaves, fishes, water, wine
7) performed miracles 10) often portrayed with arms outstretched 9) spent time alone in the wilderness
12) had a confrontation with the devil; faced temptation
6) buried, but arose on the third day 11) had disciples, twelve at first, although not all equally devoted
8) very forgiving Whenever you find a Christ figure in literature or film, ask yourself why the author has used this archetype. That will direct you towards the theme of the work.